212-346-1637; C: 914-424-3845
IN THE YEAR OF THE DOG: PACE CELEBRATES CHINESE NEW YEAR
WHO: New York City public school students from PS1, John Bowne High School, and PS 124 in downtown Manhattan; a professional acrobat from the Shen Yang Chinese Opera Co.; and a group from the Open Door Senior Citizen Center of the Chinese American Planning Council will celebrate the Chinese new year of the dog with colorful musical and theatrical performances.
WHAT: “22nd Annual Chinese New Year Extravaganza: Year of the Dog” presented by Pace University’s School of Education, ARTS Inc., and the Chinese American Planning Council
WHEN: Wednesday, January 25, 2006
12 – 2 p.m.
WHERE: Pace University’s Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts; 3 Spruce Street, between Park Row and Gold Street
Celebrating the 22nd annual Chinese New Year celebration at Pace, the program will include colorful and lively performances, as follows:
– Tibetan Tap Dance by Pre-K students from PS 1;
– “Splashing Water Dance,” by Chinese club dancers of John Bowne High School ;
– “A General’s Dance,” by Liu Chun Nuan of the Shen Yang Chinese Opera Co.;
– “All that Jazz” and “New York, New York” by seniors from the Open Door Senior Citizen Center;
– “8 Immortals Cross the Sea,” by students from PS124;and
– Ribbon Dance by Chinese club dancers of John Bowne High School.
Program sponsors include: Verizon, Emigrant Savings Bank, Organization of Chinese Americans, PDK, Phi Kappa Delta, Arts Inc.