WHAT: As part of the 12th Annual Yonkers Business Week event, the City will launch the Y Enterprise Business Center (a new business incubator) and organize a number of panels on new business development. Bruce Bachenheimer, Clinical Professor of Management and the Director of Entrepreneurship at Pace University, has been asked to serve as an Advisor to the Y Enterprise Business Center and as a panelist on the forum titled “The Latest Trends in Emerging Business.”
WHEN: Wednesday, May 4, 2:30 – 4:00 PM
WHERE: Riverfront Library, One Larkin Center, Yonkers Room, 4th Floor, Yonkers, New York
OVERVIEW: Professor Bachenheimer will discuss the latest trends among high growth companies, highlighting:
- The Lean or Light Startup trend. A low-cost, iterative, customer-centric, experimental process of discovery.
- Creativity and imagination is more important than technology and experience. As technology is becoming commoditized and skills can be outsourced, competitive advantage will be achieved and sustained by the ability to solve problems and fill needs that are not yet known.
- A full recognition that Creative Destruction is here to stay and moving faster than ever.
- Compounding the challenge of Creative Destruction, accepting that global hypercompetition is also here to stay and becoming more intense.
- An acceptance of more open collaboration and virtual organizations.
- Social Media and the proper integration of all its components is becoming increasingly critical, not to sell your products, but to engage your stakeholders – to inform them, serve them, learn from them, etc.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees is rapidly changing. Knowing how to attract, recruit, train, motivate and retain the right people will be crucial.
ABOUT BRUCE BACHENHEIMER: Professor Bachenheimer teaches undergraduate and graduate courses, primarily in the areas of entrepreneurship, management, and strategy at Pace University’s Lubin School of Business. He is a member of the Global Board of the MIT Enterprise Forum, a Board member and past Chair of the New York City Chapter of the MIT Enterprise Forum, and on the Board of Directors & Advisors of LeadAmerica. He has served as a consultant to the New York City Department of Small Business Services, the New York City Economic Development Corporation and a variety of new ventures. He has been widely quoted in a variety of publications, interviewed on radio and television, and has spoken on entrepreneurship at numerous conferences.
His earlier career includes having served as a Vice President of iQ Venture Partners, an Assistant Vice President of Westpac Banking Corp., and an International Banking Officer for the Bank of Tokyo. As the International Product Manager for MSI, an SBA certified 8(a) firm, Bachenheimer was responsible for the initial commercialization of a high-technology forensic science system. In that position, he conducted business in over twenty countries. He was also the Founder of Annapolis Maritime Corp. and the Co-Founder of StockCentral Australia. Other activities include having sailed his 36′ boat from New England, through the Caribbean, to South America and back. Bachenheimer also participated in the Sydney to Hobart race in 2000. He holds a BBA, Summa Cum Laude, from Pace University. He spent a semester at Tsukuba National University in Japan as an undergraduate and continued to study Japanese at NYU after graduating. He later received the McKinsey & Company Leadership Scholarship to pursue an MBA degree, which he earned from the Australian Graduate School of Management.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT YONKERS BUSINESS WEEK: Click here
PACE MEDIA CONTACT (BRUCE BACHENHEIMER): Samuella Becker, email@example.com, 212-346-1637 or 917-734-5172