AFRICA is not only open for business …
It is a place of enormous business opportunity. Here’s why:
IMF recently projected economic growth in Africa to reach 5.8% in 2012.
- Sub-Saharan Africa is expected to grow at a faster clip than Brazil and India, boasting six of the 10 fastest growing economies over the last 10 years and projected to have seven of the ten fastest growing economies over the next five.
- Offers a consumer base of more than 900 million people.
- Growing faster than the OECD, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Middle East.
- By 2020, five cities will each have household spending to rival Mumbai
- Its regulations and laws encourage investment. Between 2006 and 2011, 39 African countries rose up the World Bank’s “Ease of Doing Business” Index.
- Retail and financial sectors are attracting interest.
- Chinese, Indian and Brazilian companies are increasing their investments.
- Twenty African companies can now lay claim to revenues of at least $3 billion, while small and medium-sized African businesses are seeking new openings.
JOIN US FOR A PANEL DISCUSSION. Where is this growth coming from? How does this boom differ than others in Africa’s past? What opportunities exist for exporters and investors? These questions and more will be addressed by these experts currently doing business in Africa:
- Andrew O. Coggins, PhD, Professor of Management – Pace’s Lubin School of Business
- Tanya Cole, U.S. Commercial Service International Trade Officer, U.S. Department of Commerce, Long Island USEAC
- Shawn Hazan, Director of Business Development/Global Markets at BJI Fashion Group
- Oumar Nabe, PhD, MBA, President & CEO – Reveal Analytics, LLC
- Pascal Niedermann, CEO – The Maestro Group
- Camille Richardson- Senior Commercial Officer, U.S. Embassy in Kenya
- Michael Sudarkasa, CEO, Africa Business Group
- Myles M. Matthews, Adjunct Professor – International Marketing, Pace’s Lubin School of Business (Moderator)
When: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 6-8 pm
Venue: Pace University, West Lecture Hall, One Pace Plaza, NYC.
RSVP/Cost: firstname.lastname@example.org, (212) 831-0900. Free; photo ID required for entry.
Media Contact: Samuella Becker, email@example.com, 212-346-1637 or 917-734-5172