Donald Winslow of News Photographer magazine writes an article, which is featured on the National Press Photographers (NPPA) website, that announces the upcoming collaboration between Pace University and the NPPA. Pace and the NPPA will be sponsoring a symposium and photography exhibit this Fall to mark the anniversary of 9/11. The event is free.
From the article:
“To mark the anniversary of 9/11, NPPA and Pace University are sponsoring a special event, a “visual journalism night of remembrance” that is a both a symposium with speakers and a reception for a photography exhibit. “Witness To Tragedy And Recovery” is a free event (but registration is required). It will explore the impact of media images of the 9/11 World Trade Center attack and recovery. The September 8, 2011, program begins at 5:30 p.m. EDT at Pace University and has been planned to welcome the hundreds of journalists from across the world who will converge on New York City for the anniversary.”
Read the full article and learn more about this event at NPPA.org.
The 2011 Actors Studio Drama School Repertory Season performances will take place at the Theater at Dance New Amsterdam, 53 Chambers St., just north of City Hall, Wednesdays through Fridays at 8 p.m. and Saturdays at 3 and 8 p.m. from April 13 through May 14. The full schedule and information about plays, actors, directors and playwrights can be found online at www.Pace.edu/ASDSRep
Admission is free, but reservations must be made in advance by phone or e-mail as seating is limited. The 24-hour reservation line is: (212) 613-6209 and email is ASDSRep@pace.edu
This year’s 27 Master of Fine Arts (MFA) candidates of The Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University include:
- Young Simba from Broadway’s The Lion King and the originator of the role of Jack Scott in Disney’s stage version of High School Musical (Ruben L. Del Valle, Jr, pictured)
- Reigning Miss Black USA (2010)
- Loud Nanny in The Nanny Diaries (The Weinstein Company)
- Musician featured on the double platinum album The Light & The Shadow, which launched hip hop into Israel’s mainstream
- Grammy award winner, recognized for her outstanding choral and drama programs in a South Carolina high school
- Fulbright Scholar
- Lauded playwright – For the Winter (finalist, 35th Annual Samuel French Off Off Broadway Short Play Contest), and Four Sons (winner, Under 20’s Playwriting Contest, Tarragon Theatre).
- Director of Martha and Me: A Musical, which enjoyed a sell-out run at the New York International Fringe Festival
- Winner of the State of Ohio Solo Musical Theatre Thespian Competition at age 16
- Tri-linguist in English, French and Spanish
- Fortune 500 banker turned actor