WHO: The participants are international law scholars who have written extensively in this area.
Among the participants in the discussion are:
- Jordan Paust, University of Houston School of Law, who was one of the first to condemn Justice Department attorneys writing the torture memos as constituting war crimes, but who has defended the US targeted killing in Pakistan
- Former UN Ambassador Robert Van Lierop
- Beth Simmons, Harvard University, the leading international law empiricist who has written extensively on human rights
- Laura Dickinson, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, who has examined the legality of Iraq conflict on the ground
- Thomas McDonnell, Pace University School of Law, author of The United States, International Law and the Struggle against Terrorism (Routledge, 2009)
WHEN: Friday, May 6, 12:15-1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Pace Law School, 78 North Broadway, White Plains NY in the Judicial Institute-Omni Room, 3rd floor
CONTACT: Lauren Rubenstein
Manager, Media Relations