SRAEL: LAND OF TECH PROMISE. Israel has the highest concentration of high-tech companies outside of Silicon Valley.
PACE UNIVERSITY MEDIA ALERT – MONDAY, APRIL 12 at 5:30 PM
Entrepreneurship@Lubin in association with the MIT Enterprise Forum of New York City examines factors leading to the phenomenal success of technology entrepreneurship in Israel.
• TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN ISRAEL … A magnet for venture capital investment, Israel has more companies listed on the NASDAQ than any country outside the United States, more than all of Europe or all of Asia combined. Per capita, Israel has the largest government and private sector investments in R&D and number of engineers in the world. The nation has produced firms such as Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (valued at $37 billion), ISCAR (the first enterprise that Warren Buffett ever bought overseas), and Check Point Software (used by 100% of Global 100 companies). Technology giants such as IBM, Microsoft, Intel, HP, Motorola, Cisco, GE, Google, Alcatel, Samsung, LG, Phillips, Nokia and Siemens have R&D and regional business centers in Israel. All of this in a country of 7 million people, only 60 years old, with virtually no natural resources and in a constant state of war.
• MEET THE NEXT GENERATION OF ENTREPRENEURS … Pace announces the winners of its seventh annual Business Plan Competition.
DATE: Monday, April 12, 2010
5: 30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Registration and Reception
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Keynote and Company Presentations
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: Panel Discussion and Q&A
8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Awards Ceremony and Networking
PLACE: Pace University (East of City Hall), Multipurpose Room, B-Level East, One Pace Plaza, New York, NY 10038
KEYNOTE: Ayla Matalon, Executive Director, MIT Enterprise Forum of Israel
• Ran Harnevo, Co-Founder and CEO, 5min Media
• Yaron Galai, Founder and CEO, Outbrain, Inc.
• Amiad Solomon, CEO and Founder, Peer39
MODERATOR: Bruce Bachenheimer, Clinical Professor of Management, Director of Entrepreneurship and Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship Faculty Fellow at Pace University
COST: Free to members of the Pace community (faculty, staff, students and alumni – but registration required at www.pace.edu/bpc) and members of the MIT Enterprise Forum, others $50 (register at www.mitef-nyc.org), $60 at the door.
MEDIA CONTACT: Samuella Becker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-346-1637 or 917-734-5172